5/5/10

Memoir Celebration

We have six school days left before our memoir celebration!

Each sixth grader has chosen a memoir theme. Some have chosen to focus on character traits such a loyalty, persistence and perseverance. Some have focused on emotions such as anger and sadness. Others have focused on themes such as friendship and vitality. After choosing a theme, students have come up with several examples or memories from their lives that support their topics.

We are in the midst of the drafting process and truly looking forward to sharing our finished products with you next Thursday evening!

Here are a few excerpts from our work in progress:

"When I'm a grandma I want to be one of those cool grandmas that have fun with kids and still sometimes acts like a little kid."

"I am working to be persistent in life, specifically in soccer and schoolwork, with the support of my family."

"Having lots of friends can be a positive or a negative thing. To be positive, I need to choose the right friends, friends who I can trust, who I can be myself around and who love me for who I am."

"How many twelve year olds do you know have made four fire trucks, five ambulances, the emergency squad a police unit and the bomb squad come to their houses?"


Date: Thursday May 13th, 2010
Time: 7:00-8:00 pm
Details on structure of the evening and what to bring will be posted on this blog after our class meeting tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment