The 6th graders have found that there are many changes in their schedules this year!
As a part of the middle school, they now are a part of morning academic teams. On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays they take part in Art, Music, PE and Science classes with a team of 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
In the afternoons, they also have several different teachers varying from Math with Mr. Lawrence, Public Speaking and Study Skills with Miss Penfold and Language Arts with Miss Rupke.
What does this mean for homework this year? We are working hard to help the sixth grade keep their materials and homework assignments organized. Because they have a variety of teachers, it is important that they have their assignment books in every class. As the sixth grade homeroom teacher, I will also be sure to record all of their homework on our board and check assignment books at the end of the day.
I can already see that the sixth graders are enjoying the opportunity and challenge of working with older students. I am looking forward to teaching and getting to know each one of your children this year!
One of my clearest memories is when I moved to NYC. I can remember feeling sad and happy at the same time.I was sad that I had to leave St. Louis because almost all of my relitives live in STL. But I was also happy to be moving to NYC because I got to see my cousins alot more. On the way there the moving truck broke down and my dad had to wait for a towtruck to come and pick him up. I ended up liking NYC alot, but I still like visiting STL.
ReplyDeleteOne of my best memories is going to PR and meeting some of my secong cousins. My favorite one lives in Florida but he was visiting PR during the summer. His name is Ryan. I like him because he is funny and nice. And when I went to his uncle's house we got to see some of his dogs and then soon after that we went to the pool, swam and annoyed my sisters by splashing water in their faces. I enjoyed my time in PR because of the beaches and we went to the beach every day because we live right by a beach and our neighbor's kid name was Jose. He had three dogs and every time we saw him he would bring all three dogs and they would jump on us. Even though I don't speak fluent Spanish some of the words he said, I understood. He came to our house almost everyday and we ran in and out the house,and through the backyard with his biggest dog chasing us and the little one in the front of us. When we were tired we just sit down in the driveway and talked about stuff that cannot be mention and have "Limbe" (Frozen drink). Then when we finished having our limbe we would runaround the street gathering mangoes from the neighbor's trees. The main reason why I want to go back to PR is probably just to relax and swim and hang out with friends and family.
ReplyDeleteThe things I enjoy doing with my family are small things. Like the time while we were on vacation and rented a small metal boat. We rode the boat out to the middle of the lake, and my Dad and I jumped into the freezing cold water ( which we weren’t supposed to do). My mom and sister were a little cautious about going in because the water was so cold, so my dad and I pulled my sister in. We were going to pull my mom but she didn’t have a bathing suit on. So what I’m saying is that sometimes good memories can be simple like swimming in the lake and still be enjoyable. .
ReplyDelete