4/13/10

Weekly Update 04/13/2010/Tonight's Homework

The sixth grade is continuing to delve into our memoir unit.
These next three days are the last days for generating ideas in our memoir notebooks and students will be ready to choose a topic by next week! Memoir is always an intriguing unit, and my personal favorite as we really have a chance to learn more about each other.

Tonight's homework is directly connected to what we were working on in class today.
On a separate sheet of paper, you will think of one memory that you have about the person you wrote about today. You will write this memory in present tense. Try to think of a time that stands out to you, perhaps where you learned something new about yourself or about that person.

For example, I am choosing to write about the first time that my sister, Rachel, and I drove to Michigan. She was the person who helped me move into my college dorm and she went to all of the opening activities with me. I will never forget that trip and the conversations that we had. You will hear more about it tomorrow!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

4 comments:

  1. "wow a new player doubt his gonna help us" "yeah nothing can help us were really bad" "ok team games about to start everybody meet Dylan our new player. he's from newyork" GOAL "we scored i can't believe we actually scored and it was Dylan maybe he can help us" GOAL "were up by 2 goals were gonna win "MVP,MVP" i here everyone say GOAL again i cant believe it we may have a chance. And thats how my team found Dylan and since than i have looked up to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at Karis' house in fourth grade and we need to figure out something to do. We already did about everything there was and now we're bored. We're in her room. "Hey," Karis says, "I have an idea, let's put on costumes." So we look around. We find a bunch of black things so we put them all on and act like ninjas. We go over to Hans' house and pretend we're ninjas at the front door. Sill but we're only nine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IP:"Have you got into a high school yet?"
    EK:"Ya, I got a big academic scholarship to Xavier!!"
    IP:"WOW! That's awesome, it's a good high school right?"
    EK:"Ya,it's a good Catholic school in Manhattan. I'll just take public transportation."
    I'm so proud of my cousin, he got a big academic scholarship to Xavier!! I bet he'll do really good there. Go Knights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We walk in fourth street looking for something to do. Its sooo hot out we are walking at an unreasonable pace. We pass by some girls from the Connors team and one that always reconizes us says "Are you sisters?" Deanna and I reply: "No" and giggle. She says: "Oh well your always together." We smile and walk off.
    It shows how much we're together people think we're sisters

    ReplyDelete